Today we celebrated “International March Against Monsanto”. In the city of Brisbane, Australia, over 2000 people felt the moral duty to attend the peaceful protest. A number of guest speakers gave inspiring and informative presentations.
The peaceful, yet spirited crowd united against Monsanto by marching through the Queen Street Mall and chanting anti G.M.O. slogans. The enthusiastic crowd was intent on raising awareness about the polemic and disturbing practice that is genetically modifying our food supply.
The objective of the march was to spread the truth about Monsanto’s diabolical efforts to control the produce that we all consume.
How The March Against Can And Will Change The World
The March Against Monsanto was started by a handful of millennials with a passion for change, a passion that we all have within us. Many people make the mistake of looking for someone to make change for them when the real change in this world comes from within. The top-down approach for making the world a better place, i.e. electing politicians to do our bidding has come and gone, with little success.
There’s a revolution happening right before our eyes, and before I had the opportunity to help with the world-wide March Against Monsanto, I was largely oblivious to this sea change that is coming. The rules of change, of activism, of consciousness, and of helping people are being rewritten by you and me, one connection at a time. The new revolution of good is coming from the grass-roots and making its way upward; this bottom-up effect is exactly what those who would like to see us silent are afraid of.
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-led research on the long-term effects of GM products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GM seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have contributed to Colony Collapse Disorder among the world’s bee population.
The following YOUTUBE video explains why we need to stop the Genetic Modification of our Food supply.
Interesting not very well known fact: The US Government recently passed law that made Monsanto immune to any litigation. Google it by clicking here!